One of the very popular sauce, this thick, sweet, and flavorful Unagi sauce (also called eel kabayaki sauce) is simply made from soy sauce and mirin.
You found our hub of love on Sushi, our archive on recipes, guides, gadgets and anything related to this popular Japan's vinegared-rice dishes.
To get started, if you're not familiar with sushi or simply want to find more information on the dish before venturing into those delicious and indulging recipes, here are collective facts and information guides:
- Sushi’s Ultimate guide of different types and list of popular rolls: this is our first Sushi food guide that explain the most common types of Sushi in Japan like nigiri, maki, inari, narezushi (fermented sushi)… This guide is finished with a list of popular Sushi rolls in the States.
- Diving deeper into each type and popular setups with these detailed step-by-step guides (plus recipe & video): nigiri, temaki -hand roll, maki sushi roll, hosomaki – thin roll, temari – cute sushi ball.
- Articles that focus on details of Sushi main ingredients and how to select & handle them like guide on Nori- Sushi seaweed wrapper, rice and how to cook rice, how to season rice for sushi, sushi rice substitutions: cauliflower rice, roes like tobiko/masago for Sushi garnish.
- Some popular sauces and condiments to drizzle or decorate your Sushi: spicy mayo, unagi sauce, mango dipping sauce, honey sriracha, sakura denbu to flavor & color sushi rice,
- Still getting stuck on rolling a ‘perfect’ shape Sushi roll, or having to make large quantity Sushi for bigger party at higher frequency? We also included reviews on sushi making kits & molds, best rice cooker to help cook Sushi rice , etc. to help you save time while still getting the best result for your effort.
- Portable Sushi or on-the-go with our bento lunch box demo of angry bird onigiri and our bento lunch boxes guide.
- And all of our growing collection of sushi rolls recipes that can be found in this archive.
A favorite “cooked” sushi among the West coast, presenting the Lion King sushi roll, or also known as the bake salmon California roll. Enjoy this recipe with home made delicious mouth-watering sushi.
Popular with its eye-catchy presentation, the inside out California sushi roll is perfect for those who want to enjoy sushi but don’t like to consume raw fish.
No matter which types of sushi you like, whether it’s maki rolls, nigiri, onigiri, etc. the heart of all these Japanese dishes is the rice. The perfect sushi rice will be mildly sweet, scent and a bit sticky.