Details on many ways to make maki sushi roll, with a bamboo rolling mat, towel, sushi bazooka, or a mold. Sushi roll recipes are included.
You found our hub of love on Sushi, our archive on recipes, guides, gadgets and anything related to this popular Japan's vinegared-rice dishes.
To get started, if you're not familiar with sushi or simply want to find more information on the dish before venturing into those delicious and indulging recipes, here are collective facts and information guides:
- Sushi’s Ultimate guide of different types and list of popular rolls: this is our first Sushi food guide that explain the most common types of Sushi in Japan like nigiri, maki, inari, narezushi (fermented sushi)… This guide is finished with a list of popular Sushi rolls in the States.
- Diving deeper into each type and popular setups with these detailed step-by-step guides (plus recipe & video): nigiri, temaki -hand roll, maki sushi roll, hosomaki – thin roll, temari – cute sushi ball.
- Articles that focus on details of Sushi main ingredients and how to select & handle them like guide on Nori- Sushi seaweed wrapper, rice and how to cook rice, how to season rice for sushi, sushi rice substitutions: cauliflower rice, roes like tobiko/masago for Sushi garnish.
- Some popular sauces and condiments to drizzle or decorate your Sushi: spicy mayo, unagi sauce, mango dipping sauce, honey sriracha, sakura denbu to flavor & color sushi rice,
- Still getting stuck on rolling a ‘perfect’ shape Sushi roll, or having to make large quantity Sushi for bigger party at higher frequency? We also included reviews on sushi making kits & molds, best rice cooker to help cook Sushi rice , etc. to help you save time while still getting the best result for your effort.
- Portable Sushi or on-the-go with our bento lunch box demo of angry bird onigiri and our bento lunch boxes guide.
- And all of our growing collection of sushi rolls recipes that can be found in this archive.
Masago – Tobiko: Different types of popular roes used in Japanese cuisine
There are a variety of roes types that commonly used in Japanese cuisines, those included: masago, tobiko, ikura, uni, kazunoko, mentaiko, and ebiko. Among those, masago and tobiko are the most frequently used and often be confused about.
Sushi: Ultimate Guide on Different Types of Sushi and Best Sushi Rolls
Contains details on different types of sushi, their technique, ingredients specialty, garnish, and condiment plus a list of American top favorite sushi.
Shrimp Tempura Roll – Crispy and Delicious in a Sushi Roll
A beautiful golden crispy roll for all sushi fans. It is easy to make and can be served as quick appetizer too or for those picnic out.
Creamy Spicy Mayo Like Kewpie to Top off Your Favorite Sushi
Introducing on how to make spicy mayo at home, through mayonnaise – Kewpie conversion to totally from scratch yolk. Thick, creamy and delicious guarantee!
Unagi Sauce (Eel Kabayaki Sauce) – Perfect Glazing For Sushi Rolls
One of the very popular sauce, this thick, sweet, and flavorful Unagi sauce (also called eel kabayaki sauce) is simply made from soy sauce and mirin.
Lion King Sushi Roll – A Creamy Mouthwatering Treat for Cook-sushi Fanatics
A favorite “cooked” sushi among the West coast, presenting the Lion King sushi roll, or also known as the bake salmon California roll. Enjoy this recipe with home made delicious mouth-watering sushi.
Dragon Roll – Fun Way For Sushi Lover
Popular with its eye-catchy presentation, the inside out California sushi roll is perfect for those who want to enjoy sushi but don’t like to consume raw fish.
How to Cook and Season Perfect Sushi Rice
No matter which types of sushi you like, whether it’s maki rolls, nigiri, onigiri, etc. the heart of all these Japanese dishes is the rice. The perfect sushi rice will be mildly sweet, scent and a bit sticky.