One of the recent trend, Cauliflower rice is just now tagging everywhere on the net. This vegetable simply packs all the healthiest nutrient: Potassium, fiber, B6, C and K.
Not only that, cauliflower is low in carb, starch free and definitely gluten/wheat free. Good thing is, cauliflower available year round and can be found at any grocery store or market.
Making cauliflower into rice -like dish is easy and super fast too. You would need a food processor to randomly chop it into rice’s size chunks. Then you can simply just stir-fry, steam, microwave, etc..
Of course, the taste is different compare to real rice, but at least the look match somehow, and cauliflower ‘s a lot healthier.
There are many uses for cauliflower rice. They can be served as-is, as side dish to other food. Or they can also be used to roll the famous grain-free sushi.
So, if you’re on a diet or maintenance routine, don’t hesitate to replace cauliflower rice with whatever dish that called for rice.
Recipe for Cauliflower Rice (Stir-Fry Method)
- 2 stalks cauliflower
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil or any vegetable – non olive
- pinch of salt
- Wash and cut cauliflower into florets.
- With a food processor, divide cauliflower into small batches, and process one at a time.
- Start by pulsing, one-by-one until all florets turned into small rice like grains.
- Repeat for other batches, do not over process.
- In a large wok or sauce pan over medium-high heat, when pan is hot, add oil.
- Twirl a few times then add cauliflower grains and a pinch of salt.
- Keep stirring to cook and soften cauliflower.
- When done, transfer to plate. Serve warm
Leave a Reply