In for something fun? Don’t want to touch your stove? Here’s a cool appetizer dish for you: smoke salmon avocado rolls, the low carb, and fulfilling way. Don’t care about the carb/calories? Well, it doesn’t matter, this roll looks beautiful and is delicious with just a bit of everything. You could make it exactly like the recipe attached below, or customize your veggies and/or wrapper too.
Here’s the story (my rant actually). I’ve been constantly looking for new ways to cook/make a meal that fit into my carb ‘diet’, and this came through my mind. I mean, I love sushi and all type of rolls too. One day I decided to try wrapping my roll without the ‘carb’ part. There, I found that I’m out of Nori, but luckily I have some rice paper on hand. Add in some carrot, cucumber, lecture, or whatever veggies you have, and voila! A few drops of vinaigrette or just a vinegar-oil-black pepper mixture would do the finishing touch
I chose avocado mainly due to its creamy, buttery, and fulfilling characteristics. I mean, it makes you fill full for a long time (cough * diet*) and healthy with all vitamins/fiber too. Pick an almost ripen avocado and slice it up, shall we?!!
Salmon Avocado Spring rolls
- 4 slices smoked salmon
- 1 mini cucumber
- ½ avocado
- 4 lecture leaf
- 1 small carrot
- Leek or green onion option
- 4 rice papers
- Slice cucumber, carrot, and avocado into long thin strips
- Wash the green onion, let it dry.
- Dip rice paper in hot water, turn quickly to let it wet evenly
- Place rice paper on a flat surface with smooth side up.
- Place a slice of smoked salmon on it
- Put a slice of each cucumber, avocado, carrot and lecture on salmon
- Serve it raw or with vinaigrette
Leave a Reply