Waking up with your morning coffee or fruity sweet smoothie, why not both? Try this delicious yet cool enough frozen fruit smoothie with coffee jelly to start any busy day ahead.
What’s better? Try enhancing the tropical flavor by adding coconut milk and using the tropical frozen fruits bag. It’s sensational and exotic with a niche touch of coffee.
The recipe below should be enough for two servings. However, due to the time that takes for the coffee jelly to get cold, just multiple, and do it in batch. Coffee jelly can last a couple of days in the fridge while you’re topping it over a smoothie, ice cream, bubble tea, shaved ice, or any cold desserts and drinks.
Want to add some more topping? Watch out for our next posts with the “bubble tea” tagging.
YUM! You gotta love all these cool treats.
Frozen Tropical Fruity Smoothies and Coffee Jelly Top
- 4 g carrageenan, jelly powder or similar
- ¼ tsp agar
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 4 oz coffee brew to desired strength
- 200 ml water
- 2 cups frozen tropical fruits of choice or any flavor like strawberry, berries…
- ½ cup coconut milk or milk
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- Brew your favorite coffee to desire strength.
- Measure sugar into a small container.
- Add carrageenan/jelly powder and agar to sugar, mix well.
- In a small pot over medium heat, add water and coffee.
- Gradually pour in the sugar mixture while stirring the liquid in pot.
- Keep stirring to mix and dissolve all particles.
- Just before boiling, turn off heat and stir for another minute or two.
- Carefully pour into safe bowl or mold. Let cool to room temperature.
- Chill in the fridge overnight or at least an hour before cutting if needed.
- Add all ingredients of your smoothies into blender.
- Add a couple of grain of salt to intensify flavor if need.
- Pulse a few times and blend them well. Add ice if extra cold is desired.
- Add the prepared coffee jelly as toppings and serve with a big straw.