Simple yet tasty Italian pinwheels are the go-to recipe. These colorful wheels are the kinds that you can enjoy as a party appetizer, packing bento lunch box, on-the-go snack, picnic take out, etc.
There is virtually countless method to roll up your sandwich with tortilla wrappers, and Italian with salami, cheese, pepper, and crispy bacon surely win the deal.
To variate the recipe, try using mashed up avocado as a binder, or you could also use mayo in place of cream cheese. They’re all good.
- 8 tortillas choose different colors
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 24 slices ham
- 24 slices salami
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- 8 slices cheddar
- 4 slices bacon cooked
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 1 sprig cilantro
- 1/2 lime
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped onion
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1/4 cup banana peppers
- 1 lettuce or spinach equivalent
- Thinly/deli slice all tomato and peppers, remove stem from spinach or shred lettuce.
- In another bowl, combine cream cheese and Italian seasoning, marsh and whisk them well.
- Cut, remove seeds and scoop out avocado flesh.
- Smash avocado, and mix with 1 Tbsp finely chopped onion, dash of salt and squeeze some lime juice in as well.
- Lay a piece of tortilla on a flat surface, then spread cream cheese all over tortilla surface.
- Arrange ham, salami, cheese and vegetable on top of cream cheese while leaving about 1 inch of the outer perimeter.
- Carefully roll until the very end, use your finger to tuck and adhere the wrapper.
- Repeat the above steps, but used avocado & bacon instead to variate color and flavor.
- Chilled in fridge for 30 minutes to an hour to set the shape and firm up. You can singly-wrapped each to keep them from drying too.
- Place toothpicks, spacing about 1 inch apart along the roll. Cut through between toothpicks with a serrate knife to create the pinwheel.