Remember those crispy yet moist crab cake that you used to have? How about a twist and bring those on top of juicy delicious mushroom. This crab stuffed mushroom with cream cheese will be so heartily yum that it would melt in your mouth.
Fall is the best season for this dish, however with some crab in the can, who say you can’t make this in summer? My little boys love the crispy of the crab cake filling so much that he would ate the filling in a bite or two. Then mama got to eat double the mushroom. Luckily with the juice from the crab and Old bay infused onto mushroom, its taste just too alluring to pass.
Yup, you’d have a whole family happy enjoying this baking recipe, whether they love bake mushroom or the crab cake, cause they come together as one stuffing ^.^
Recipe for Crab stuffed mushrooms with cream cheese
- 16 Oz bella mushroom
- 1 can 14-16oz lump crab meat
- 4 oz cream cheese soften at room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp mayo
- 1 tsp Old Bay
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
- Wash and clean mushrooms, remove center stems, use a spoon to scoop and press to create a hole for filling.
- Dice celery, finely chop cilantro and drain the crab meat.
- In a mixing bowl, fork/mash the soften cream cheese and then add all remaining filling ingredients. Mix them well.
- Add crab meat and gently fold to mix to avoid breaking lump apart.
- Melt the butter in microwave.
- Line your baking sheet.
- Arrange mushroom caps upside down.
- Brush liquid butter onto each mushroom cap bottom.
- Now turn all the caps over, spoon crab mixture into each mushroom cap,
- Chill in fridge for 10-15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Bake crab stuffed mushroom in oven for about 15 minutes until mushrooms are tender and all the cheese bubbly.
- Serve hot. Sprinkle some ground pepper and zest lemon if desire.