There’s a thing about corn dip, like every other dip, it’s addicting. This recipe is so easy to do that most of ingredients can be found in your kitchen. Another good thing, you can do it from fresh corn and chili, no can needs here.
The recipe calls for bell peppers, jalapeno, and other kind of chili, but you can also substitute for then on spicy ones. Sour cream can also be replaced with Greek yogurt and Mayo can be replaced with dairy-free option.
Saucing onion and pepper beforehand will also bring out the sweetness in them, other wise you could just quick steam them for 5 minutes or so. If you like more intense flavor, adding some raw chunks of white onion to the dip would heat it up a bit.
Finally the dip tastes much better chill, so plan ahead and keep it in the fridge until right before serving. You can also mix it up the day before and chill overnight. Dip will be thicker and all flavors are soaking in giving the whole thing just go up another knot.
Alright, let get to the recipe
Recipe for fresh Corn crack dip
- 3 raw corns on the cob or 1 pack of frozen corn
- 1/2 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 Tbsp butter
- freshly ground pepper and sea salt
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 jalapeno
- 4 oz sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 8 oz shredded cheddar
- 1 banana pepper or chili pepper
- Wash and remove corn kernels from the cobs.
- Dice everything else.
- In a skillet, melt 1 Tbsp butter, then add crushed garlic and stir till golden.
- Add onion, jalapeno, pepper and all spicy stuff to skillet.
- Stir until onion is soften, then add corn, cook on medium heat for 10 min.
- Add freshly ground pepper and sea salt to taste. Stir and remove from heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine saute content with mayonnaise and sour cream.
- Stir well to mix then chill in fridge for a couple hours.
- Serve with tortilla chips or your favorite cracker.