There’s nothing more satisfying on these cold days than having a hot, spicy, and thick, yet deliciously savor soup. This turkey chili soup contains all that one could wish for: hearty healthy ground turkey, creamy and thick soup with a variety of vegetables, beans, and lovely sweet corn.
To carry out the most flavor, a slight saute to brown turkey, garlic, and all the herb before simmering is a need. For the beans, pea and all, canned version work better to save time. However, you can use dry/raw bean, just soak them beforehand to save cooking time.
For the tomato, you can use can puree or prepare raw tomato just like you would for pasta sauce to produce that thick and chunky texture. To season, to light on salt and ground pepper at first, then add more as you need. Some would use Italian seasoning with the ready dried herb for extra fancy taste as well.
Recipe for Turkey chili soup
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 white onion
- 2 stalks celery
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 carrot
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 14.5 oz can puree tomato
- 1 cup kidney bean
- 1/2 cup corn kernel
- 1/2 cup edamame
- 1/2 cup chickpea
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- Peel and crush garlic.
- In your stock pot over high heat, add olive oil and crushed garlic, stir till golden brown.
- Add ground turkey and 1 tsp salt. Stir to evenly brown.
- Finely chop onion, carrot and celery then add to stock pot.
- Stir to saute for a bout 10 minutes, now pour in chicken broth and add all the seasoning herb like cumin and chili powder.
- When boiled, add puree tomato and reduce heat to simmering for about 30 minutes.
- Finally add corn and all beans. Simmer for another 15 to 20 minutes.
- When beans at desired softness, turn off heat.
- Serve warm
Leave a Reply