Recently I was trying for a delightful dinner that wouldn’t make me so guilty before bedtime and this Light seared tuna salad with Ginger dressing surely answer it.
This recipe is so light yet full of powerful nutrition. The taste with dressing combined will be mildly sweet and sour, yet highly addicted to the aroma from roasted sesame and tuna essence.
You can just consume as is or with crouton, fried wonton, but best would be some nut like cashew, macadamia, etc. as they not only crunch but better on your stomach too.
Recipe for Light seared Tuna Steak with Ginger dressing
- 6 oz sashimi-grade tuna steak 1 steak
- ¼ tsp garlic salt
- 2 Tbsp roasted sesame seeds black and white
- 2 Tbsp high temperature oil
Ginger Soy Dressing Sauce
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 Tbsp rice or cider vinegar
- 4 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp mirin
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 Tbsp warm water
- Mix garlic salt and sesame seeds together.
- Wash and pat dry tuna steak.
- Scroll the tuna onto sesame seeds to coat.
- Add oil to a saucepan over medium/high heat. When the pan is hot, add tuna in to sear its sides. Cook each side for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Once done, transfer out and slice as need.
Ginger Soy dressing
- Grate ginger and prepare all the ingredients.
- Warm water in microwave for 30 seconds then stir in honey and stir to dissolve.
- Combine all the sauce/dressing ingredients and mix them good.
- Drizzle over tuna slices or use as dipping sauce
Leave a Reply