When it’s time for a grill-out or calling for finger food, Bacon wrapped brats are the winners. These are easy to make, can be cooked both inside and out, or for those group night out. If you love the crispy and greasy flavor, then this is it. Drizzle on some sriracha and watch out cause these piece gonna ran out fast.
The process is fairly easy. You just cut the brats (for finger food length) or keep as whole for buns and stuff. Bacon strips are also cut to same size and wrap around the brats.
I found that pre-heating/baking to let some of the moist fat coming out then the bacon will be crispy faster if you’re using cooked brats. Other wise just throw them in at the same time.
Glazing with honey, ground pepper and mustard for enhancing flavor.
- 1 pack of 6 brats
- 1 pack (6 slices) bacon
- 1 tsp ground mustard
- 4 Tbsp honey
- A sprinkle of ground pepper
- 1 Tbsp Sriracha
- Some tooth pick & skewer
- Use a toothpick to punch all over each brat.
- If using as appetizer, Cut each brat into halves or bite size.
- Do the same and cut bacon slice in half.
- If you are using this with buns, place a soaked skewer through each brats to keep it from curling. Do not cut.
- Wrap each bacon slice around brat pieces.
- Mix 1 tsp of ground mustard, 4 Tbsp honey and a sprinkle of ground pepper.
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Place all bacon wrapped brats onto roasting rack (recommend) or lined tray.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes with turning them over in between to cook them evenly.
- When all brats are cooked evenly and bacon begin to shrink, carefully remove them from oven and glaze the honey/mustard mixture all over each piece.
- Place them all back into oven, adjust to 400F and bake for another 5-10 minutes or until all bacon are golden brown and crispy.
- Start your grill, then adjust to medium-high heat.
- Grill all bacon wrapped brats for 7-10 minutes until they all cooked. Turning them in between to avoid burning.
- Glaze them with the honey/mustard mixture.
- Remove from heat when all wrapped bacon are crispy.
- Serve hot with Sriracha as appetizer or throw them in your bun and sizzle with mustard.