A simple yet refreshing and crunchy salad, try this Zucchini noodle salad with chicken recipe. This salad is one to prepare when you’re short of time and need quick lunch or side for your dinner.
What’s good about this dish is that everything taste so fresh, crispy, and best served chilly.
For protein, I chose chicken breast for its tender white and juicy meat, though shrimp, pork or tofu would work for more variation. Zucchini can be eaten raw, but still, 5 minutes quick saute would help bring out the natural sweetness.
The whole thing is then seasoned with a mixture of soy sauce, sugar and lemon juice. Though due to the different level of saltiness, it’s better to adjust the quantity to your taste.
- 2 zucchini
- 1 small chicken breast or thigh with rib
- 1 small carrot
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic crush
- 1 Tbsp lime or lemon juice
- 1 tsp sugar or honey
- 2 Tbsp roasted peanuts or other nuts
- 2 Tbsp chopped mint
- Bring 2 about 2 cups of water to boil the chicken. When chicken is done, transfer immediately to a cool water bath.
- When chicken is cool down, shred with a paring knife or pull with a fork. You can slice it as well.
- In a small container, mix together ½ cup of the broth (from boiling chicken) with sugar, soy sauce, garlic. Add red hot chili pepper if desire.
- Wash and spiralize zucchini.
- Peel and shred carrot.
- Chop mint, crush nuts.
- With a sauce pan or wok over medium/high heat, heat 1 Tbsp of oil.
- Then quickly saute zucchini noodle for about 5-10 minutes to make sure they're cook.
- Now transfer zucchini to a salad bowl.
- Mix in chicken, carrot and mint.
- Then right before serving, mix in the soy sauce mix and sprinkle with crushed nut.