A simple yet refreshing and crunchy salad, try this Zucchini noodle salad with chicken recipe. This salad is one to prepare when you’re short of time and need a quick lunch or side for your dinner.
What’s good about this dish is that everything tastes so fresh, crispy, and best served chilly.
For protein, I chose chicken breast for its tender white and juicy meat, though shrimp, pork, or tofu would work for more variation. Zucchini can be eaten raw, but still, 5 minutes quick saute would help bring out the natural sweetness.
The whole thing is then seasoned with a mixture of soy sauce, sugar, and lemon juice. Though due to the different levels of saltiness, it’s better to adjust the quantity to your taste.
- 2 zucchini
- 1 small chicken breast or thigh with rib
- 1 small carrot
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic crush
- 1 Tbsp lime or lemon juice
- 1 tsp sugar or honey
- 2 Tbsp roasted peanuts or other nuts
- 2 Tbsp chopped mint
- Bring 2 about 2 cups of water to boil the chicken. When chicken is done, transfer immediately to a cool water bath.
- When chicken is cool down, shred with a paring knife or pull with a fork. You can slice it as well.
- In a small container, mix together ½ cup of the broth (from boiling chicken) with sugar, soy sauce, garlic. Add red hot chili pepper if desire.
- Wash and spiralize zucchini.
- Peel and shred carrot.
- Chop mint, crush nuts.
- With a sauce pan or wok over medium/high heat, heat 1 Tbsp of oil.
- Then quickly saute zucchini noodle for about 5-10 minutes to make sure they're cook.
- Now transfer zucchini to a salad bowl.
- Mix in chicken, carrot and mint.
- Then right before serving, mix in the soy sauce mix and sprinkle with crushed nut.