Want to enjoy the last bit of summer? Try this tropical mango pina colada smoothie to get you that last paradise island flavor this year.
There is no pina colada without pineapple or coconut. This time, you could either add them all in, pulse, and blend for a perfectly combine flavor or singly handle them one by one and creating multi swirling layers. Oh, don’t forget the lime just so your guest might need it. Also, add some rum to up-boost the flavor if your guests are above the age limit.
This recipe also called for some extra nuts to improve the texture a bit. You could use any nuts you like, be it peanut, cashew, etc. anything that you’re not allergic to is good enough. Though roasted and a little bit salty nut will definitely make the drink taste sweeter (and better) than it actually is.
Just like with any smoothie, use frozen fruit and you could skip the ice. Otherwise, add an additional 1/2 to 1 cup of shaved ice to make the drink cold. Now put on some sunglasses and get this to the pool size. Enjoy
Recipe for tropical mango pina colada smoothie
- 1 mango cube
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 cup frozen pine apple
- 1/2 cup coconut juice
- 3 Tbsp coconut flake
- Rum optional for extra flavor
- Add all fruits, juice and 2 Tbsp coconut flake to blender, pulse a few time and blend until smooth.
- Top with some coconut flake and crushed nuts
Side-by-side or multi layers presentation
- Blend the mango and 1/2 coconut juice real smooth, set aside.
- Blend pineapple real good.
- Blend yogurt, 2 Tbsp coconut flake and remaining coconut juice.(add rum if needed)
- In serving jar, pour each puree/smoothies separately one by one, to create swirling layer.
- Sprinkle some crushed nut and extra flake. Decorated with a slice of lime if needed.