A sushi roll right the from the back of your fridge? Try this easy smoked salmon sushi roll with shredded carrot and avocado inside, while smoked salmon slices are wrapping around the roll.
A thing about raw sushi roll is that it’s the perfect chill entree to counter the summer’s heat. With this smoked salmon sushi roll, the chilling would be complimented so well.
There are two ways to roll: once is to wrap smoked salmon slices around an inside out roll to present with salmon color or to use traditional maki to create a deeper translucent red effect. Either way, the roll would look fantastic and taste so creamy yet with bit of salty.
To level up the roll’s texture, add some shredded carrot, maybe cucumber too.
A trick is after the wrapping is done, leave the roll with its plastic wrapper on and quickly chill in freezer for 5 minutes. The roll should then be cut easily and serve immediately.
For additional flavor or to counter fishy smell, sprinkle some extra roasted sesame seeds on top. Also garnishes like pickle ginger and wasabi would be great to serve along.
Smoked Salmon Sushi Roll
- Mix sushi rice (while hot) with sushi vinegar, cover with towl to prevent dry.
- Peel and shred carrot.
- Slice avocado into thin slices.
- Cover bamboo or rolling mat with plastic wrap. Lay it on a flat surface.
- Has another oiece of plastic wrap over the covered rolling mat.
- Lay a nori sheet on top.
- Spread 1 cup of rice out onto nori evenly. Make sure to leave 1/2 inch by the ends empty.
- Arrange avocado and carrot on top of rice
- Lift, tuck and roll into sushi roll.
- Flatten down the plastic wrap, sprinkle some sesame seeds all over it.
- Scalloping smoked salmon slices on top of sesame, then lay sushi roll on top of salmon layer.
- Roll and apply pressure to form smoked salmon roll.
- Repeat for remaining roll.
- When ready to serve, slice while plastic wrap till on for cleaner cut.
- Remove wrappers and serve.