One of Starbucks’ signature drinks for this cold season is the Pumpkin Spice latte, which can be easily copied to make at home. Nice thing is, anything homemade can be done with variation in size, sweetness level, and temperature specific.
So in this latte, I simply whisk up pumpkin puree with some milk on the stove top until they are warm. The pumpkin milk will then be combined with hot strong coffee and a little bit of condensed milk to add flavor and sweetness.
For a little spice, I mix in a teaspoon of pumpkin pie mix. I also add a bit sprinkle of crushed roasted cashew w/ little sea salt and the taste is just amazing. It sort of takes away the sour-after taste too.
Recipe for Pump Spice Latte
- 3 Tbsp pumpkin puree can or homemade
- ½ cup milk
- 8 oz favorite brew coffee
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice store bought or recipe below
- 2 Tbsp sweeten condensed milk or sugar, stevia ,honey…
Pumpkin Pie Spices (for 5Tbsp)
- 3 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- In a saucepan over the stove top, warm pumpkin puree, spice, and condensed milk.
- Whisk to combine nicely. When they're warm and bubbly (from whisking) transfer to serving cups.
- Warm and froth milk.
- Divide freshly brew/pressed coffee into cups.
- Stir in a spoon or two of pumpkin mixture. Twirl a few times to mix if needed.
- Pour warm frothed milk.
- Serve warm immediately.