If you’re into frappuccino, try this recipe “creme de Matcha green tea frappuccino” in one of your morning routine. Why morning, well, with quite a bit amount of calories, making it breakfast would make you less likely to feel guilty about. Another plus, green tea does make you feel more awake and mind ready for the whole day.
Honestly, I passed by Starbucks a couple times, and happen to have this drink. You know, the feel of an oriental taste combined with sweet cream, milk and little hint of vanilla linger on my mind after that. Hence, this is my version of the drink.
Instead of the sugar, I used sweetened condensed milk, to add more to the creamy taste while helping with the bitter taste of Matcha. Heavy cream is there to help stabilized and making the drink smooth and thick. My little trick here is to add a couple grains of salt, this will make the drink seems sweeter than it actually is and kill off any sour after-taste.
It’s a great habit to chill any cold drinks ingredients before mixing. So make sure yours are cold before hand. If you like them more runny, replace the heavy cream for extra milk or crushed ice.
This recipe yield 2 cups serving size. If you’re crazed of matcha, add an extra tsp will bring out the flavor more.
- 2 tsp Matcha green tea powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 cup milk
- 4oz heavy cream
- 3 Tbsp sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup crushed ice
- ½ Tbsp powdered sugar
- A couple grains of salt
- Chill your milk and heavy cream before hand.
- In your blender, add 2 tsp Matcha green tea powder, vanilla extract, milk, condensed milk , ½ cup crushed ice, half of the heavy whipping cream and a couple grains of salt. Pulse a few times then blend at high speed for a minutes or two.
- Pour into serving glasses.
- Whip the remaining heavy cream with ½ Tbsp powdered sugar until fluffy and decorate on top