It’s always in your best interest to consume more in the morning whether you’re in middle of exercising routine or simply just need power for the whole day. This super protein breakfast smoothie combines the two most powerful ingredients: egg yolk and banana to create both the flavors and over-powering protein. It will surely enough to recharge your day ahead.
Salt grains are there just to make the drink taste sweeter than it actually is, thus reduce the need for additional sugar. Though most ripen banana should suffice enough sweet, you can add more honey if need. Almond milk is there to provide the creamy feeling without the need for homogeneous cow milk.
I would add a bit of biscuit or crushed peanut to make it more tasty, however, you could replace for supplement powder if need.
Another secret: this recipe designed with whip egg yolk and honey, both are believed to enhance men’s fertility through increasing sperm production. So, make a glass extra for your honey.
Recipe for Super protein breakfast smoothie
- 1 banana
- 1 egg yolk at room temperature
- 1 Tbsp honey
- A couple salt grains
- ½ cup cold almond milk
- 1 small biscuit or crushed peanut
- 1/2 cup ice
- Carefully separate the egg yolk, make sure all egg white, eye and gel stuff are all removed.
- Cut your banana to small pieces or use frozen.
- Add egg yolk and 1 Tbsp honey to your blender, blend for 30 seconds or more until fluffy (depend on your blender speed).
- Add banana, salt and ½ cup almond milk. Blend them good.
- Add extra almond milk or crushed ice if you want it thinner, otherwise, serve with some crushed & crumble biscuit sprinkled on top.
Where is the protein in the “Super Protein Breakfast Smoothie “?
As you have removed the Egg White, there wont be significant protein left there.
Hvaing said that, I am going to try it, because it sounds delicious…
Andras, thanks for your suggestion. You’re right, there’s less protein as egg’s white is removed, but you can add more peanut in to substitute for it.
Ruth R DaLomba says
I’m 69 an I’m concerned I love raw eggs?
You can place the yolk on low heat while whisking it if you’re concerned about raw egg.
However, this recopy is more aimed at the weight trainer or protein-focus diet.
So you might want to substitute egg yolk for less cholesterol options